Corporate Review Service
Business growth is not just about increasing business activity and making greater profits. It’s also about maximising the investments you make with those profits and securing the successful continuity of the business.
We make it our business to understand your business – and we appreciate that no two organisations are the same, even though they may operate in the same environment. We aim to build strong relationships that are supported by a service-driven culture and strengthened by advice tailored to individual circumstances and aspirations.
If you are an employer, you will have an obligation to provide pension arrangements for your employees. This gives you an opportunity to offer a valuable benefit to you staff, but has benefits for you too. Offering a range of staff benefits will improve your chances of recruiting and retaining high quality staff, and there are a number of schemes available for you to consider.
Main Advice Areas
We can advise on a holistic basis, covering the entire business needs or focus on a particular aspect such as:
- Group Private Medical Cover
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Cash Back Schemes
- Shareholder Protection
- Key Person Insurance / Business Protection
- Business Loan Protection
- Executive Pensions
- Auto Enrolment
- Share Incentive Schemes
- Commercial Property Purchase
If a business is to continue trading beyond the working life of its key owners or directors, then careful planning is needed. Factors that those involved in the business will need to consider will include:
- The departing owner/director’s income needs in retirement and what resources are available to provide for those needs.
- The feasibility of the business without the individual – the impact on customers and investors and what effect this will have on its viability.
- Capital Gains Tax/Entrepreneurs Relief and Inheritance Tax implications on any sale or transfer of shares in the business.
One potential opportunity would be to establish a relevant life policy (RLP) which is a stand-alone single life insurance policy. It is an alternative way for employers to give death-in-service benefits to their employees outside of a registered group life scheme. There are a number of advantages of RLPs for both employees and employers. The policy payments can be treated as an allowable expense for the employer in calculating their tax liability and in most cases the benefits are paid free of Inheritance Tax provided the policy is established in the correct manner.
Why Ward Goodman?
- Unrestricted and impartial advice from the whole of the market
- Our focus is on service not product sales with over 70% of our income from existing clients
- A truly transparent charging structure
- We have the ability to access the technical expertise within the Ward Goodman Group
- The provision of a robust and structured review process to keep you on track to meet your financial goals.