Latest Job Vacancies
from Ward Goodman
The successful candidate will be a team player, you will be responsible for not only audit but working as an ambassador for Ward Goodman, seeing what other services clients may require and in turn create opportunities for the firm to expand their product offering.
You will also have a full understanding of, and commitment to, delivering a highly professional audit and business advice service to a varied client base. Reporting to the Accounts and Audit Manager, the Audit Senior will be responsible for the day to day planning and execution of using automated audit systems.
Working within the Audit Team the duties and responsibilities are:
- Provision of effective and accurate audit and business advice to a variety of clients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provision of on-site co-ordination for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaison with clients and completing audit assignments.
- The development and maintenance of effective relationships with new and existing audit clients.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with other members of the audit team as well as with other members of the accounts team ensuring a high level of service delivery to clients.
- Report directly to the Accounts and Audit Manager, working closely to ensure that the team has a client centric approach and to ensure the achievement of team budgets.
- Day to day responsibility for the mentoring of junior members of the team, ensuring they fully understand the complexities they have to deal with and establishing confidence in their approach and effective skill and career development.
- Carrying out other day to day tasks as required by the Manager and the Directors.
Essential Skill, Experience & Personal Characteristics
- Previous audit experience gained within a busy practice environment, ideally recently qualified or within a year of qualification.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to show confidence in front of clients.
- Developed leadership skills with the ability to effectively mentor and coach junior members of the team.
- A positive work ethic, someone who is willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to ensure client service is delivered consistently.
- ACA or ACCA or within a year of qualification.
- Degree or equivalent is preferable.
- Hard working
- An effective team player
- Good communicator
- Willing to undertake what is required in order to meet client expectations and to deliver team objectives.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of using Xero, Iris or Automated Audit Processes
- Experience in mentoring junior members of staff
- Highly technical with a flexible approach to work
I have been asked by the committee of Blandford Rugby Football Club to write to you to express our appreciation for the guidance ...
J Pentney, Honorary Secretary, Blandford RFC
"I met with Dean Pullen from Ward goodman to discuss the most efficient way for guidance for youth to complete and return our annual report ...
Sam Story – Guidance for Youth
Attaining CASC status means a lot to Blandford Rugby Club as it opens up funding opportunities and we can now receive Gift Aid. This means ...
Justin Frampton – Chairman Blandford RFC
Ward Goodman News
Ward Goodman are recruiting
July 22, 2014
Ward Goodman Chartered Accountants are currently recruiting for the position of Audit Senior. The ideal candidate will be a team player, who will be responsible for not only audit but working as an ambassador for Ward Goodman, seeing what other services clients may require and in turn create opportunities for the firm to expand their […]
Success for the 3rd annual Dorset Charity Conference
May 16, 2014
Thursday 8th May marked the 3rd annual Dorset Charity Conference; an event which emphasised the importance of businesses and charities working together. Over 130 attendees visited the Conference, hosted by leading Dorset accountancy firm and adviser to the charity sector, Ward Goodman. The event gave local charities the perfect platform to engage with leading sector […]
Gain full control of your business through Ward Goodman Outsourcing
May 16, 2014
Ward Goodman Outsourcing has experienced substantial growth over recent months. Outsourcing financial and business functions can act as a perfect solution to many businesses that are hit by an unexpected change in management or are struggling to keep control. With a constantly expanding client base, Ward Goodman Outsourcing provides solutions to a variety of different […]
The DCC: Uniting Local Charities and Businesses
April 24, 2014
Thursday 8th May marks the 3rd Annual Dorset Charity Conference; an event which emphasises the importance of businesses and charities working together. For the third year running, leading Dorset accountancy firm and advisor to the charity sector, Ward Goodman will be hosting the annual Dorset Charity Conference. The event which seeks to connect local charities […]
A Budget for Savers?
March 19, 2014
Unlike last year the House of Commons was on its (relatively) best behaviour for today’s budget speech by the Chancellor, George Osborne. He chose to brand this year’s budget as one with ‘support for savers at its heart’. Nevertheless the economy took up the bulk of his speech with positive forecasts which may or may […]