Latest Job Vacancies
from Ward Goodman
Ward Goodman is a leading Dorset Accountancy and Financial Services business.We are seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our expanding team providing an outsourced payroll service to our clients in the Ferndown office.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in running payrolls, it is essential that they have an extensive working knowledge of Sage Payroll and Moneysoft experience is desirable.
Practical experience of:
- RTI submissions
- Directors Rules
- SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP are essential together with effective time management skills.
Good MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills and IT competency is essential.
This is very much a team role and will suit someone who is adaptable and who has an eye for detail with a high degree of accuracy.
The successful candidate will be a team player, you will be responsible for not only audit but working as an ambassador for Ward Goodman, seeing what other services clients may require and in turn create opportunities for the firm to expand their product offering.
You will also have a full understanding of, and commitment to, delivering a highly professional audit and business advice service to a varied client base. Reporting to the Accounts and Audit Manager, the Audit Senior will be responsible for the day to day planning and execution of using automated audit systems.
Working within the Audit Team the duties and responsibilities are:
- Provision of effective and accurate audit and business advice to a variety of clients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provision of on-site co-ordination for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaison with clients and completing audit assignments.
- The development and maintenance of effective relationships with new and existing audit clients.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with other members of the audit team as well as with other members of the accounts team ensuring a high level of service delivery to clients.
- Report directly to the Accounts and Audit Manager, working closely to ensure that the team has a client centric approach and to ensure the achievement of team budgets.
- Day to day responsibility for the mentoring of junior members of the team, ensuring they fully understand the complexities they have to deal with and establishing confidence in their approach and effective skill and career development.
- Carrying out other day to day tasks as required by the Manager and the Directors.
Essential Skill, Experience & Personal Characteristics
- Previous audit experience gained within a busy practice environment, ideally recently qualified or within a year of qualification.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to show confidence in front of clients.
- Developed leadership skills with the ability to effectively mentor and coach junior members of the team.
- A positive work ethic, someone who is willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to ensure client service is delivered consistently.
- ACA or ACCA or within a year of qualification.
- Degree or equivalent is preferable.
- Hard working
- An effective team player
- Good communicator
- Willing to undertake what is required in order to meet client expectations and to deliver team objectives.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of using Xero, Iris or Automated Audit Processes
- Experience in mentoring junior members of staff
- Highly technical with a flexible approach to work
I have been asked by the committee of Blandford Rugby Football Club to write to you to express our appreciation for the guidance ...
J Pentney, Honorary Secretary, Blandford RFC
"I met with Dean Pullen from Ward goodman to discuss the most efficient way for guidance for youth to complete and return our annual report ...
Sam Story – Guidance for Youth
Attaining CASC status means a lot to Blandford Rugby Club as it opens up funding opportunities and we can now receive Gift Aid. This means ...
Justin Frampton – Chairman Blandford RFC
Ward Goodman News
Ward Goodman Support Woofability
October 30, 2014
Ward Goodman have selected Woofability as their Charity of the Year. A leading Dorset Chartered Accountancy and Financial Services business, Ward Goodman have chosen Woofability, a local organisation in Dorset, as their Charity of the Year. Woofability trains assistance dogs for disabled people and it costs approximately £11,000 per assistance dog. Funding is therefore absolutely […]
Landlords to set off on sound financial footing
October 30, 2014
Financial Planning, Tax and Structure to be key themes at annual event A leading Dorset Chartered Accountancy and Financial Services business, Ward Goodman, will be helping local landlords to better understand all financial options open to them – as they exhibit at the annual Bournemouth Landlords Exhibition at the Village Hotel on 6th November (12pm-8pm). […]
A New Financial Planner for Ward Goodman , Roger Perry.
September 30, 2014
Ward Goodman are welcoming a new financial planner to the company, Roger Perry. Leading Dorset Chartered Accountancy and Financial Services business, Ward Goodman, are pleased to announce the appointment of a new Financial Planner to their team, Roger Perry. Roger joins Ward Goodman after 29 years’ experience in the financial services industry and will be […]
Charities SORP update
August 24, 2014
Charities SORP update Please can we give you some of our time? Over three days in September, our charities expert, Jen Richardson will be running three workshops to address the impact of the latest charities SORP. The sessions will take place between 2pm and 4pm on the 10th, 11th and 12th of September with each […]
Ward Goodman are recruiting
July 22, 2014
Ward Goodman Chartered Accountants are currently recruiting for the position of Audit Senior. The ideal candidate will be a team player, who will be responsible for not only audit but working as an ambassador for Ward Goodman, seeing what other services clients may require and in turn create opportunities for the firm to expand their […]